Spinal Reconstruction + Dollar Bill Dresses
When in Vancouver I made a grey tessellation that was a bit of a sampler. When I got home I played a bit more and loved the vertebral effect that I got. I’ve been wanting to do a spinal piece since then. Easier said then done. This piece has a different orientation on the creasing than normal. It took me forever to precrease what should have been 125ths vertically. Unfortunately the different gridding method didn’t work and I had to cut off a substantial part as my grid was so off as to be unusable. Then I finally started creating the piece and it is not working out. What I have is what it is. So I am finished with the concept for the time being, because my frustration level is at code orange.
On a different note I came up with a dollar bill dress and a minor varient. If I find out they don’t exist out in the origami world I will work on diagramming them. There is one reference point that came from another fold that I am trying to find a shorcut to. If you recognize this please give me a heads up with appropriate links and designers.